Sana

Troubleshooting steps for advertisements that never runs

Question

Hello,

I am very new to the SCCM world. I am having trouble with advertisements. Even though I have advertised applications before I never had any problems. This is a new environment, I am testing the distribution on one of my test machines. I am configuring the advertisements in the same traditional way but they are not running at all. I even tried changing some options.

I tried uninstalling the client and re installing it. That worked only for one advertisement and it was installed perfectly. But when I tried to advertise 2 more applications to the same client they never start running and no status updates. I checked logs and there is no activity at all. But they are installed on the DP. I have been reading so many blogs and nothing really helped.

Any other troubleshooting steps?

Please help.

Thanks

Sana

5 answers to this question

Updating the distribution point worked for some of those failed applications. But few of them struck at waiting status. When I checked cache the source was not downloaded completely. I tried creating new advertisements but it did not help. Same hing happening again and again. What should I do now?

Thanks

Sana