Thebeats2009

SCCM 2012 RC2 PXE Problem

hallo Everybody,

I have a poblem with my PXE (DP). I have Successfully Activated, the WDS is also started, i configured all what is to do:

- Network Access Account

- Boundary Group

- Distribute Both Boot Image (x64, x86) --> also in RemoteInstall is successfully.

- Task Sequence

-Computer Manually Added......

But when i Boot the Client i can´t get the PXE Server until i became error: PXE-E53 No Boot filename received...

I tried many time to Reinstall the PXE but it´s the Same Problem.

Did SomeOne have an idea?

Note: in my Lab i don´t have a standalone Site.

Thank you

I had the exact same issue as yours. I spent three hours troubleshooting, with no apparent solution. Since I installed CM2012 RC2 in a vmware lab environment, I just loaded my snapshot back to the point before I enabled PXE and I've not had that issue again.

Now, in my case, I got PXE to work for several machines; however, once I rebooted CM2012 RC2, then PXE stopped working.

I know there was a PXE bug in RC1, and there was a workaround for it, but I've not spend enough time trying to see if this is a bug in this release or something like that.

... If it's the same issue as we had I'm pretty sure un-ticking the PXE option on the distribution point, restarting the WDS service and re-ticking the option fixes it for us...

That works for RC1, but not for RC2. MS has confirmed that there is a bug with RC2 and WDS service that never gets uninstalled even after removing DP role from RC2.

I have read these posts trying to figure out why PXE cannot find the boot file.

Sometimes it works, then if I make a change in the Task Sequence and Deploy again, PXE on the Virtual Machine just sits there until it times out.

Anyone figure this out yet?

I am running the RC version 5.0.7703.0

I have read these posts trying to figure out why PXE cannot find the boot file.

Sometimes it works, then if I make a change in the Task Sequence and Deploy again, PXE on the Virtual Machine just sits there until it times out.

Anyone figure this out yet?

I am running the RC version 5.0.7703.0

I've actually opened a case at MS Connect, you can find it here. (you may need to login to read these forums).

No answer yet, we're still going through troubleshooting.

Check under all systems you will often see an "unknown" computer.

This is your system which is now known and therefore will prevent PXE tasks from occuring.

You can delete that object and rerun. Sometimes depending on delay you have to restart WDS as per previous version.

This might be your issue.

Check under all systems you will often see an "unknown" computer.

This is your system which is now known and therefore will prevent PXE tasks from occuring.

You can delete that object and rerun. Sometimes depending on delay you have to restart WDS as per previous version.

This might be your issue.

I'll check on this and see if it makes any difference; however, in my case, I've deployed the TS to all 'unknown' devices.

ive had this strange PXE issue since first installing SCCM 2012, everytime the server was restarted, the WDS service stayed in a "starting" state until i mucked about with turning pxe off and on again on the DP.

today, i changed the the WDS service startup type to "Delayed start", and after a couple of reboots, pxe and wds work correctly :)

i'm hoping this works for other people