maniakmyke

WDS taking over? SCCM not doing anything?

good morning everyone.

i had posted earlier in the week regarding an issue about configmgr not installing on my target PC's. i have some extra info on the subject.

it seems like SCCM is not kicking in at all. which would explain why configmgr and my firefox package are not being deployed.

ok here is what i have. this is a local lab setup.

server box running 2k8r2

mysql 2k5 sp4

sccm2k7 sp1 (NOT r2)

regular linksys router.

configured DHCP

also the images were pre built and captured with max compression using imageX. via bootable 16G thumbdrive.

ive been trying to find logs like CCMsetup.log and i cannot locate it anywhere. its not in the normal place or not present at all maybe?

so i turn to your expert advice and help. before i rip this out and start over for the 4th time... please help me not do this again. i just might punch a puppy if i have to start again. (kidding i love dogs)

all kidding aside though. i appreciate the help.

We are having similar issues with CCMsetup not installing on some PC's while it installs happily on others, there seems to be some inconsistency here as we have deployed the same image on all the same spec machines. I am not sure if this is related. We have tried all the suggestions from various forums, but with very little success. Our deployment varies in that we use WDS\MDT to push out our images, we are just starting to use SCCM.

We are having similar issues with CCMsetup not installing on some PC's while it installs happily on others, there seems to be some inconsistency here as we have deployed the same image on all the same spec machines. I am not sure if this is related. We have tried all the suggestions from various forums, but with very little success. Our deployment varies in that we use WDS\MDT to push out our images, we are just starting to use SCCM.

What method are you using to install the client?