Dietmar

How can I setup a Distribution Point in ConfigMgr 2012 on a Windows 7 computer?

Guys

I've created a DP on a Server 2012 and all went fine. I can see all the folders are created and in the console it has a green tick.

the problem is once I setup the site at the remote office, the client can't seems to download the packages, clients get the policies for all the adverts but won't download contents ("downloading" stuck at 0%).

client CAS log says = "no matching DP location found"

the DPs were built at the main office and was sent to remote office.

I have created boundary group and assign it to the the remote office DP, which contains the subnet for that office.

seems that the client's can't still see this DP for some reason and i have no idea what to do next.

Please help.

That's what i am not sure, all the bundaries are defined as subnet IPs. I'll try to explain my setup bit more.

I have created a distribution group called regional and added the 4 remote site servers that are going to be at the remote offices (the primary site server is in a separate distribution group called PTA. in the Regional distribution group properties , I added "all systems" and "All users" collections in the collection tab.

I have created 4 boundary groups, each with it's own subnet IP boundary for the remote offices and assign them to each remote distribution point.

In the properties of all boundary groups under reference tab i have selected "use this boundary group for site assignment" and under site system server , the site system server that's assign to that boundary group.

Thanks for the reference. However I am still curious about your statement below:

Note that you cannot enable PXE or Multicast support on your Windows 7 Distribution Point.

Can you help to explain what is the restriction for enabling PXE support on Windows 7? Does it happen also with SCCM 2012 R2?

the restriction is because the Client os (windows 7, windows 8, etc) can not host Windows Deployment Services, that is a server service, therefore you cannot enable PXE on dp's running on a client os.

you can however enable PXE on a dp on a server running Server 2012 R2 no problem

Hey there!
Fine manual for installing DP's. But i have a question:
We have a site called Germany (the main SCCM2012 installation) and we want to create one DP in Italy, France, etc with a proper site codes (like Italy, France etc.)
Is it posible to create SItes and moving the DP's in this sites?
Thanks for info!

Regards Mercy

Just an FYI. if you are using a server OS and want to PXE boot. Something that had me hung up when setting up a remote distro point was that I had forgotten to install Windows ADK on the server that was going to be the distro point. I followed this guide for the most part except I used Windows Server 2012 R2 and configured it for PXE. Make sure windows ADK is installed on the server before setting it up as a new distro point. If it's not set up you will see the error "Failed to find ADK installation root registry key" in the SMSPXE.log.

• Like 1