edevlin

Task Sequence has failed error code 0x00002004

Question

Hi,

Been struggling with this since Friday afternoon. I have SCCM 2007 SP2 and I have already applied the fix outlined in KB977203 - I was having issues with capturing the users profile however this KB did fix that issue for me - now I am trying to deploy the user settings back down to the new Windows 7 SP1 machine (client version 4.00.6487.2111) and I keep getting the error above. From looking online lots of people keep directing me back to the KB article however I know it's applied and it appears to be working as I can successfully capture the data where I couldn't before. When I run my OSD TS these new Win7 PC's joing my domain as I have applications which I deploy in my TS that are AD intergrated however I only log these PC's on using a domain admin account - so no other AD account is on these boxes prior to the restore USMT file. I have attached the smsts.log file

Thanks in advance

smsts-20120220-142525.log

7 answers to this question

I did read someones post where that was his issue it was pointing directly into the x86 folder however again this is not the case with my setup - I am totally stuck here, I tried to re-run the job and again it captures my .mig file however I can't deploy same error as above, it doesn't even look as though its trying to deploy the settings as it fails straight away.......don't even get scanstate.log??

All,

Just tried a side-by-side mig in my place of work - similar setup SCCM 2008 SP2 windows xp to windows 7, using the computer association etc...setup the Task Sequence and it failed 1st time round with - Task Sequence XXXXXX has failed with the error code 0x00002004 - then after applying the KB977203 fix the restore process worked? I am still at a loss as to why I can't get it to run at my customers site, can anyone suggest something else to try????

Thanks