crane_IT

Adding Office 2007 SP3

Question

The way I deploy systems is to use the thinnest image possible. Currently, my base image is simply the OS version off the disk and then all other settings and applications are scripted. I tried to do updates by enabling the Windows Update (Pre-Application Installation) and Windows Update (Post-Application Installation), but could never get it to work because someone else manages SCCM and I've asked to work with him on this, so we could combine efforts, but he never gets back to me. Long story....So, I started just downloading packages and injecting them into the image through MDT. However, the older the image gets, the more updates I have to download, and then some updates break the OS deployment, etc. Anyway, if you can help me with that, good, but why I'm really posting is because I want to put on Office 2007 SP3 AFTER Office 2007 is installed. Have you guys just scripted the install or how do you keep images up to date? All the research I've done points to the aforementioned parts of the Task Sequence (Windows Update (Pre-Application Installation) and Windows Update (Post-Application Installation), but like I said, I have NEVER been able to get that to work.

3 answers to this question