anyweb

How can I capture an image using capture media in ConfigMgr 2012

the build and capture method is definetly recommended as its 100% automated,

the method above requires manual steps, but achieves the same result

yes, if you want to capture a 64 bit OS you need a 64 bit boot image, it will complain otherwise.

however, you can then deploy that captured image using a 32 bit boot image (x86)

I have another question.

I can run the autorun and and completed all steps before the wizard should start capturing.

But when I click Finish to complete "summary", It does nothing.

I wait for a long time and nothing comes then. I tried some times before I gave up...

How can I trouble shooting or check?

I have another question.

I can run the autorun and and completed all steps before the wizard should start capturing.

But when I click Finish to complete "summary", It does nothing.

I wait for a long time and nothing comes then. I tried some times before I gave up...

How can I trouble shooting or check?

I found the reason why. Maybe is is problem of the image of my company. I built new clean computer and tried again and wow, it run.

I have another simple question.

After I captured the image successfully, all drivers are gone. How can I maintain and keeps all drivers? Because my company is using some models and it takes time to install drivers one more time.

it's best practise to apply drivers as part of the Deploy Task Sequence, you can use WMI queries to detect hardware and apply driver package steps to apply the correct drivers to the correct hardware.

Having drivers in your captured image is not a good idea.

Very highly appreciate your helps Niall!

For normal drivers such as NIC, graphic or sound, It is not difficult to create driver package. But for other packs, addin, tools such as power management, Hot Key, finger print...it is hard to create package and deploy as part of TS.

So I need to capture and create 3 image version of lenovo T400, T410 and T420.

Can you share me the link describing your above solution and advise me how to carry out my need?

Here is a strange one, we run a Dell shop. I current inventory consists of Dell 960, 980, and 990 desktops. We have been successful in pulling an image from the 960. On the 980 and 990, after the stand alone media runs and begins its reboot, the select network window pop under it. Its as if the network driver fails. This makes it seem as if the network driver isnt loaded. This is just on the 980 and 990 series. The 960 runs perfectly and we have a generic image on our SCCM server.

Has anyone else had issues with the 980 and 990? Driver problems on capturing an image from created media?? Ideas?????