anyweb

How can I capture an image using capture media in ConfigMgr 2012

I had this working a few weeks ago but have installed MDT onto SCCM 2012 and now the capture sequence will not work.

After sticking the capture media onto a USB, sysprep runs on the referenced machine but then it gives an error saying "missing operating system" after reboot

Any suggestions/logs that I can look at?

Thanks

because the process will fail if it's not installed.

I guess I don't understand. You are saying that before I capture my reference image, I must install configuration manager client on the reference image?

For the past 6 months I have been capturing my reference images from a VM using the capture media. These VM's have never been on the domain and I have never installed the configuration manager client on them, but they do not fail when I run the capture media to capture the reference image. I'm just curious if something is going to fail later on down the road.

The agent is a required step with a B&C task sequence...once the sysprep takes place it will strip back the agent so there will be no trace of it on the captured wim. Without the agent attached to the B&C task sequence the process will fail because if it was not attached and the B&C task has software install tasks then without the agent this is not possible.

The method you have used with stand-alone capture media is fine by creating an image on a VM, leaving it on a workgroup, manually customising the image and without the agent installed before capturing it via capture media. Nothing wrong with this method.

I've amended the guide and thanks Rocket Man for your explanation.

You can of course use capture media with or without the Configuration Manager Client installed, however for a build and capture task sequence the client is required

I've amended the guide and thanks Rocket Man for your explanation.

You can of course use capture media with or without the Configuration Manager Client installed, however for a build and capture task sequence the client is required

Ok. Thank you. I understand now. Sorry for the confusion.

Do any of you use any specific steps or tools to customize the default profile, etc so when you capture that image it has the customizations?

I'm trying out the http://www.bluemoonpcrepair.com/wp/?p=39 to try and capture the default profile. There are just some customizations I would like on this image. Example includes some desktop icons, Picture for user profile, certain items pinned to task bar.