anyweb

How can I capture an image using capture media in ConfigMgr 2012

I have several labs that require software that can not be deployed using SCCM. So I need to be able to build a model computer and then capture an image of the model. However, most of our software is deployed using SCCM. So my model computer has to be domain joined, have most of the software deployed using SCCM, then install and configure the other software. Then I'm hoping that I can simply take it off the domain and then capture the image based on this tutorial. Is there any problems with that approach?

Can a custom sysprep unattend file be used?

All and any comments greatly appreciated

WD

you should avoid joining the virtual machine (please use virtual machines for this) to the domain at all costs, once you join a domain things happen in a computer, and group policies get applied, this will make troubleshooting problems later very difficult,

can't you deploy the software during the deploy task sequence instead ?

I'm on Config Manager 1511, and when I try to use the newly created capture media, it syspreps (which, I wish I knew exactly what it was doing, like what command it was using with what parameters) and then reboots and begins capturing but I noticed it's capture "2 of 2" volumes, because on the VM, when I installed the base OS with the regular ISO file, it creates multiple partitions.

Is this multiple volumes going to be a problem later? I know when I did it normally, I ended up with just 1 volume, or, "index". The method I used to get just one volume is sysprep manually and DISM manually.

Does the media capture on CD still work for Windows 10? Every time I capture it and deploy it the start button and search bar don't work. The PC I captured works after it reboots. Tried different models different versions of Windows 10. I did an automated build and capture and that problem didn't occur. I am thinking it has something to do with the capture because when I deploy it the drivers are still installed. Makes me think there is something wrong with the sysprep maybe? I did upgrade my SCCM before I created the capture media. Any ideas?

-Jared

I had experienced this the first time I tried making a win10 image. which version of config manager is your environment running on? have you found a solution to this? the way I got around that, was when I didn't use the capture media and I did the sysprep manually myself and then the DISM manually myself.

works fine, are you guys using copyprofile ? if so that's the cause of your issues

should I not be using copyprofile in my unattend for win 8.1 or win 10? I've got it in both and it doesn't seem to work. I set a wallpaper up in my base image prior to sysprep manually (sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:<network share unattend file here>) and everything seems to work but the stupid wallpaper doesn't work when the image is finished deploying via SCCM and a user logs on, it's just the default win 8.1 wallpaper

Hi,

I have a Windows 7 (x86) image in Oracle VirtualBox and am trying to capture it, exporting the .wim file to a specified network path with the correct administrative network credentials. The only issue I'm running into now is that after it syspreps (using the media file), it will reboot where it captures that reference image. 10 minutes into that process it freezes and I have no idea why. I tried googling it but it doesn't seem like anyone is having that issue. Any takes on this? I've attached an image of where it freezes (an idea of which step I am in exactly).

post-33601-0-77808400-1465829189.jpg

How do you do this in Windows 10 because it simply doesn't work and errors out with 0x0004005 at the sysprep stage. Seems you have to remove all MS apps - but what if you don't want to remove all or any of those apps?!!