anyweb

How can I capture an image using capture media in ConfigMgr 2012

what is the actual error you get, and seriously SCCM is great, you just have to learn how to use it properly, i'm happy to remote in and look at your issue if you want (teamviewer)

Hi There,

Excellent post (infact all the posts). Need quick clarification. I am seeing lot of questions regarding using copyprofile but have not got clear answer.  Can you please advise using this method to capture will work fine and take care of copying all the settings we do meaning when a user logs ,he/she will get all the settings (I am customizing desktop shortcuts, taskbar and installing some software etc.) and there is no need to use copyprofile at all 

Thanks

Hi anyweb, I use SCCM 2012r2, to create and capture images.  I have used capture boot disks in the past, and have captured, many an image, to store on our server.  Lately, whenever I create a capture boot disk, the PC, will not boot from the disk, and it always has, in the past.  It doesn't matter what PC, or laptop I try it on, it doesn't boot from the cd/dvd.   Somehow, I lost the original capture boot disk, so I am forced to create new media.  I followed the steps, to create the ISO file, numerous times,  then I burned it to a cd or DVD, but no boot.  This is the capture method, I choose to use.  I realize that I could create a task sequence, to automate this, but I just don't have time.  I work in a school district, and time is running out.  Is there a recommended burning program that could help, or could it be that bootmgr, or some other file, is not processing?  I tried it at another school that I work at, and it worked, as advertised, but not the school, where I really need it  Thanks so much, Doug

Hello, fairly new to SCCM and came across your post about the image capture process.  I would like to see if anyone would be able to provide some assistance with the issue that I am encountering.  Here is the background:

I am using SCCM to image new devices with a windows 10 x64 build, the machine is added to the domain automatically during this process.  I have ran updates and made some changes to the default image (while on domain) and followed the instructions to create the capture task sequence.  I removed the machine from the domain, and I am running the capture.iso file directly on the machine and I get an error code as soon as the process begins (0x00004005) which I have not found any solution to this and would like to see if anyone had any recommendations.  I uninstalled and removed the sccm client and all folders from this machine, and I am using a domain admin user/password to setup the network path to save the .wim file.

While I followed your steps, I used X64 boot image to create the iso capture file

When I pulled the sccm log I can see a lot of failed items:

Could not find CCM Install folder

Task sequence execution failed with error code 80004005

mikey090tx-this error is pretty generic for something is wrong. I just wanted to ask if you've already removed all the apps prior to capturing the image. you would have ran some powershell scripts (get-appxprovisionedpackage -online | remove appxprovisionedpackage -online OR get-appxpackage | remove appxpackage). sysprep will fail if this is not done prior to attempting the capture. this may have nothing to do with this error, but i like to advise people of this first.

I have ran some powershell commands on this machine, please see below.  I know that because it is a generic error, it will be a bit hard to pin point the exact issue, I am going to side on the fact that this was domain joined and even after I removed it from the domain and deleted the AD object, I am still getting some policies applied (log on co. disclaimer).  I am going to try and see about building a fresh machine, off the shelf non domain etc and test that theory. 

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *windowscalculator* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage –online

Well, I grabbed a non domain computer (HP430 G4) and installed Windows 10 (1709), ran some windows updates on it and attempted to capture the image again, and still have the same issue that I had with the other machine.  I did try to run this on a different model (Toshiba R930) and encountered the same problem.  Because I didn't setup and install the SCCM server and cannot verify all back end settings, I may need to go back to square 1 and confirm that all of the settings are setup to confirm that the task is allowed on our setup.

This is a great thread. I am trying to do a capture of a non-domain joined build that has no CfgMan client installed, also it is a VM. I have followed the instructions but interestingly enough when booting to the VM I want to capture and launching TSMBAutorun from the boot.iso Virtual optical drive, instead of getting the Capture Image wizard I see a list of available Task Sequences. How can I get to the Image Capture wizard?

I am running Cfg Man 1706