anyweb

How can I capture an image using capture media in ConfigMgr 2012

Hi,

I have an issue using capture media in a VM with Win10 LTSB, when the TS reboots it's stuck in Scanning volume 2 of 3. Task sequence never crashs, so no errors appears.

image.png.37de1321950b3b7ce9b287db66c0f397.png

I read another posts and i tried disabling Heartbeat setting from the Integration Services section of the VM settings.

Also I check smsts.log and i see that can't find a volume

image.png.f44f1444be5c2d489aac3c2bb1d0c7fc.png

any suggestions?

thanks and regards 

Ok this worked great.  It will definitely save me a bunch of time.  However, I might be missing something.  I have a bunch of laptops, all identical, that I want identical software and configuration on.   I created a model computer, I created two extra partitions on the hard drive,  my sccm client is installed to one of them.   When I capture the drive as per this article the wim that I imported into SCCM shows 5 partitions however after deploying the wim to another laptop the second laptop only has the 1 primary partition.  

To build my model I did a clean install of Windows 10 (1709) blowing away all existing partitions and installing on the single raw partition.   Once Windows was installed I went to disk management and shrank the c: drive by 110 gigs.   Then I created a 60 gig drive and a 50 gig drive in the 110 gig partition.   The captured wim has all the partitions but when deploying the wim only the C: drive partition.

Kinda missing Ghost where it would capture the whole drive then when you deployed it, it repartitioned the drives for you.

WD

We are running SCCM 2016 and I created an  SCCM Capture disc. When I run it on a PC  it gets through the SYSPREP portion and then reboots.  It comes up and says Initializing Windows PE - Windows is starting up and then shows preparing network connection and then reboots.  It is in a constant loop of initializing - Preparing network connection - reboot.    Any ideas of why this would be? Thanks

30 minutes ago, Rbroke said:

We are running SCCM 2016 and I created an  SCCM Capture disc. When I run it on a PC  it gets through the SYSPREP portion and then reboots.  It comes up and says Initializing Windows PE - Windows is starting up and then shows preparing network connection and then reboots.  It is in a constant loop of initializing - Preparing network connection - reboot.    Any ideas of why this would be? Thanks

Figured it out as I was trying to use an external drive plugged into the PC and not a network location to save the file to.  Once I put in a network location and the credentials it did the capture