anyweb

How can I capture an image using capture media in ConfigMgr 2012

I have a question to this guide:

I followed it and everything works fine when I implement the captured image in a Task Sequence in ConfigMgr 2012, but which step in my Task Sequence must I modify/add to get the device in ConfigMgr2012 to stay with the same name in ConfigMgr after I have deployed my captured image with the Task Sequence?

Thanks so much for supplying this info. Your site is invaluable!!

Here's my problem. I have a build put together on a source PC. I have no problem capturing a .wim of this build with capure media created with SCCM2012 until the final step of the build. My last step is to install the config man client. I stop the SMSAgentHost service and try to capture the .wim but just get an error. This machine has never been domain joined. Other documentation I've found states it is necessary to delete certificates to enable image capture but isn't specific about which certs to remove etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rif

so you are not using capture media, but instead manually installing and configuring a computer and then trying to capture it ? I would recommend using the build and capture process for that instead

There is a method to my madness and it is geared towards a specific project. We have a large rollout of approximately 4,000 PCs. I am simply supplying a Wim to our hardware vendor for offsite, offline imaging. I have no issues capturing the wim until I add the sccm client to the build. I have found some info regarding this method but nothing specific. I'm just looking for some guidance.

Normally we would be imaging in-house via task sequence but again this is for offsite, pre-imaging of vendor supplied hardware of one specific model.

Thanks again,

Rif

ok so why are you stopping the service ? after installing the client are you trying to capture it using the capture media or another way ?

Once the Configman client is installed the capture task sequence fails. Apparently this is known and expected behavior. One recommendation I found stated to stop the SMSAgentHost service and to delete the associated certificates and then the capture sequence would complete without issue. It is the deletion of these certs that I'm looking for guidance with. Which certs etc.

Thanks again!!