anyweb

how can I disable Windows firewall via Group Policy

Question

start up the Group Policy Management console (GPMC.MSC) and expand the Default Domain policy, right click and choose Edit.

gp.jpg

when the Group Policy Management Editor appears, expand Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative templates/Network/Network Connections/Windows Firewall/Domain Profile

domain_profile.jpg

in the Right pane, double click on the policy called Windows Firewall: Protect all network connections

set it to disabled

disabled.jpg

done !

you can now check your domain clients and verify that the policy has taken effect (if you want to speed up things open a cmd prompt on the client and issue

gpupdate /force

)

firewall_off.jpg

5 answers to this question

Do a Group Policy Results against a machine that isn't getting the policy.

I did a clean install again and same results. Client PC has been discovered but client installation PUSH method didnt installed the client on Windows 7 *32 bit* machine.

SCCM 2007 SP2 R2 is installed so its supports the Windows 7 clients but still no luck.

On client side I can see that Firewall rule has been applied.

Any suggestions?