lcusson

Capture image for Windows 7 64 bits computer

What is the best and easiest way to capture the image of a Windows 7 64bits computer?

My objective is to get at the end a .WIN file that I can use to deploy to all my other computers.

Please, refer me to a detail procedure.

Thank's a lot and sorry for my bad English,

Lucie Cusson

Hi,

We already test this option 2-3 weeks ago but we've got this error and never find how to resolve it. This error is happenning at "Step 8. PXE boot the newly added Windows 7 client/PXE boot your Windows 7 client and it should start the process of PXE boot". This is the error message: "Windows PE ne peut pas démarrer car le répertoire SYSTEMROOT réel (X:\windows) est différent du répertoire configuré (X:\$windows.~bt\windows). Cette configuration peut s'effectuer à partir de DISM.EXE avec la commande /set-targetpath"

Do you have a solution for me?

Second question: If I use this this recommended best practise "Build and Capture", how I can I automatically delete the "Windows Media Player" shortcut on the taskbar?

Thank's a lot. With all the readings that I did on the Internet about SCCM, you are the best guy & the best Web site.

Lucie

There is another way to capture image ...

You can create capture media from sccm and burn it on CD or save it on USB to run it on windows 7 64 to capture image ..

go to Task Sequence --> Create Sequence Media --> then select Capture Media .

Hi,

We already test this option 2-3 weeks ago but we've got this error and never find how to resolve it. This error is happenning at "Step 8. PXE boot the newly added Windows 7 client/PXE boot your Windows 7 client and it should start the process of PXE boot". This is the error message: "Windows PE ne peut pas démarrer car le répertoire SYSTEMROOT réel (X:\windows) est différent du répertoire configuré (X:\$windows.~bt\windows). Cette configuration peut s'effectuer à partir de DISM.EXE avec la commande /set-targetpath"

Do you have a solution for me?

Second question: If I use this this recommended best practise "Build and Capture", how I can I automatically delete the "Windows Media Player" shortcut on the taskbar?

Thank's a lot. With all the readings that I did on the Internet about SCCM, you are the best guy & the best Web site.

Lucie

hi Lucie

have you checked if the computer you are trying to build and capture has a readable C:\ drive ? press F8 and see can you browse C:\ if not use diskpart to partition it like so

diskpart
select disk 0
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
active
format fs=ntfs quick
assign

once done, try pxe booting again, does it work ?

as regards the media player shortcut, anything like that can be removed via separate steps in your Deploy Task Sequence, for more details of build and capture versus Deploy please look at this powerpoint I did and look at the slide notes.

Presently, what I really need to do is to create a .WIM or .ISO from my reference computer that contain the Windows 7 French 64bits, all the Windows Update that I need & so software already installed on the reference computer.

Maktoum, would your solution works for this objective? Do you have the details of how to do that? I'm quite new with SCCM 2007....

Niall, with the objective that I just explained, I try to create a TS that just include "Prepare Windows for Capture" & "Capture Operating Sytem Image" and I receive either the error message "0x00000032" or "0x80004005". Do you have any idea of a solution for me?

you can capture an image using capture media then, the following guide is for Configuration Manager 2012 but the main concepts are unchanged - have a look and see does it help you

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5070-how-can-i-capture-an-image-using-capture-media-in-configmgr-2012/

the "0x00000032" error means unsupported, ie: you are trying to do something that should be done in windows PE or vice versa...

"0x80004005" error usually means 'access denied' so check permissions.

cheers

niall

Yes Lucie, its can work in your case.

After capture the image from referance computer "Follow Niall link"

- save the image on sccm server.

- Create OS package

- Create Task Sequance

- Then Advertise Task Sequance to collection