Dan2012

Build and Catch fails at Sysprep

Question

This has been a great site for learning SCCM 2007 and getting it set up. I have started the learning process of building and capturing a XP SP3 deployment. I had run into a few problems with a couple of other steps in the process that this site assisted me with, but now I am getting a problem with the TS running sysprep. Right now, I am just not sure if it is a permission issue some where or something completely different. I would appreciate any help.

smsts.log

7 answers to this question

I followed Anyweb's post on deploying XP SP3 and one part of that was to create a sysprep package. The package is supposed to point to the extracted sysprep files from the deploy.cab file that I downloaded from Microsoft. So to your question, yes I made a package for the sysprep files.

Ok, I have gotten past my sysprep issue. I did a few things to try and fix the problem. The one thing that I did that I think that might have fixed the problem is that I recreated my sysprep.inf file. The old file had an encrypted password, so that may of had an affect. The other things that I did was to download XP SP3 and the deploy.cab again and copied the contents back over. Now, I just need to work out a permission issue with the capture of the image and I hope to get it complete.

Thanks for you time with my issue. This is a great site.