ashridge uk

Require administrator approval if users request this - greyed out?

Hi,

Every time I create an application using the msi method as instructed, when deploying I cannot use the "require administrator approval if user's request this application" tick box.

It is always greyed out?

I would really like to see the work flow for requests/approval

Is there a setting I need to enable somewhere?

Everything else is working well ;-)

well it's not that obvious and I just checked the Docs, they state

Require administrator approval if users request this application – If this option is selected, the administrator must approve any user requests for the application before it can be installed. This option is unavailable when the deployment purpose is Required.

030c41d9079671d09a62d8e2c1db6973.gifNote Application approval requests are displayed in the Approval Requests node, under Application Management in the Software Library workspace. If an approval request is not approved within 45 days, it will be removed. Additionally, reinstalling the Configuration Manager client might cancel any pending approval requests.

which still doesn't reveal that you must Deploy to a User collection in order for this option to be valid, however the actual option "Require administrator approval if users request this application" does mention users specifically and not Systems/Devices so hopefully that clears it up

cheers

niall