ibrafe

True Windows Non Client Collection Query Help

Question

Hi

Am hoping someone can help me out with this query. The query below pulls all the PCs that do not have the SCCM Client installed. Our discovery is based on the AD. The problem is we have all sorts of OS in our environment.

How can I pull only Windows XP, Vista and 7 and exclude OSX, Linux and Server OS.

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where (Client = 0 or Client is NULL)

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Ibrafe,

You probably already have an answer to this since it's been almost a month, but figured I'd chime it as I've just seen this.

Are you currently managing the OSX, Linux, and Server OS's via SCCM? If so, simply create collections with a query to find all machines for each OS type (separate collections). Then, create a collection including the no client query, limit it to All Systems and create Exclusion rules for the collections of OS's you created to exclude them from your No Client Collection.

Hope it works out for you.

-Matt

Try this one with a limiting "all Systems" collection

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion like "Microsoft Windows NT%Workstation%" and SMS_R_System.Client = "0"

Not sure why, but the above query did not quite work. Here is my query from SCCM 2012 to list all servers that do not have the SCCM client installed:

<code>

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion like "%server%" and SMS_R_System.Client is null

</code>

-Raj W.