crane_IT

MS Updates forces reboot during Lite Touch

Question

This happens to some systems and not others during Lite Touch. Once the OS is on, I have some applications scripted to run. During the 3rd or 4th application, the MS Updates windows pops up and says it's going to force the PC to reboot because of new updates, which is does and then causes the applications installing to die and I get the yellow screen at the end. Since it's supposed to be automated, no one is around all the time to see this happen. How do I supress the MS Updates from forcing the reboot after the base image is on?

1 answer to this question

I may have come up with my own solution, but I'm doing testing now. I added a "net stop wuauserv" command line in the task sequence before "Install Applications". I also added a "Restart Computer" after "Install Applications". The restart should allow the update service to restart.