jazzlara

Auto Uninstall Applications/Packages

Ok, forgive me if this is mainstream information, but I'm trying to find out how SCCM 2012 handles uninstalling applications and/or packages. Or maybe it doesn't. User Centric Management allows us to tie apps to user collections now and not only device collections....

so i would use this if a user travels between PC's, and they will always get the software they need, great, done. ...but does it uninstall automaticaly if for example the user doesn't use a particular PC for X amount of days or something? Im hoping it does, otherwise I could see that causing a lot of issues with appliction and license inventory.

I'm reading on this concept of 'retirement' for apps, does that uninstall the app from the clients, or just remove it from SCCM?

I'm really after concrete info in terms of how uninstallations work....or if I have to create a seperate package to uninstall any app from any client. I hope not.

Any an ideal world, I'll tie Application ABC to User 123. Lets say User 123 logs into 10 different PC's (sure, lets make them all primary devices for the sake of argument) and App ABC installs as it should on all of them. Now lets say User 123 starts only using one of the PC's, how can I make the app uninstall from all of the other computers that User 123 ISN'T using?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

Brad

There are no auto-uninstalls of applications (unless you supercede an application). It's always something you have to configure yourself... The reason for that is simple, as it differs per company.. Besides that I wouldn't like a situation in which all your workstations are constantly installing and unstalling software.

I would start thinking about virtualizing applications when your users are logging into so many different machines... Also installing only on the users primary device might be an option, and offer something similar via app-v on all the machines. Lot's of options, but it all needs some configuration.