StefanWe

Windows Embedded Device Manager - Tasksequence begins, but nothing installs

Hi,

i test sccm 2007 r2 with windows embedded device manager to manage my windows thin clients. for the first test, i installed a blank virtual machine with windows embedded 7 standard. i disable manually with ewfmgr c: -disable the write filter and then join the vm to the domain, install the sccm client, so that he could register at the sccm server. then, i enabled the write filter and reboot the system.

no i have a little own virtual thin client for testing.

i distribute a foxit reader to my distribution point and test to deploy it with a normal advertisement to my thinclient. this works well. ok but after a reboot, the foxit is gone away, but thats aspected.

no i create a tasksequence with writefilter handling, choose my uninstalled packet and checked all. then after few minutes, my thinclient recognized the new package. but nothing happens. the write filter is enabled. the thinclient doesn't restart. the package doesn't install. and last but not least, i doesn't get any errors.

Any ideas, why this doesn't work? Or where i can take a look to find more informations ? I have on c:\ no TSSMS directory or any other sccm folders.

Kind regards

Stefan