jens

Software distribution downloads stay hanging on 0%

Hello,

I'm a IT-student and I'm currently busy with to setting up an SCCM 2012 server, but I have some problems in the field of the software distribution. Everytime when I push a software package to my CCM Client, the download of the application in the Software Center stay hanging on 0%. Under site status I will see an error by Application Catalog Web service point. The other parts of the site status are green. After opening all error messages under the Application Catalog Web service point I will received a specified error named by:

Application Web Service Control Manager detected AWEBSVC is not responding to HTTP requests. The http error is 12002. For more information, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base article 838891.

I have used the installation guides of this website to setting up SCCM-2012. I have followed lab 1 till lab 4 from the athor anyweb. I am a beginner Microsoft SCCM 2012 and I would to learn SCCM. During the installation I have installed the .Net Framework 3.5.1 features and WCF Activation with HTTP Activation.

I have search on the internet about this error but I can't find the right information about this problem. I have installed the SCCM server for two times and everytime I will received this problem. Also I have removed the the roles: Application Catalog Web service point and Application Catalog Website point but it doesn't have effect. The SCCM client installation would be succesfully pushed to the client, but he doesn't distribute software to the specified client. In my situation I would to like to use http instead of https.

I would like to apolgize for my bad english. But does anyone know how I can fix this isue? Do you have any tips how I can troubleshoot this problem?

Kind regards,

Jens de Vries

This typically happens when Software Center cannot find a distribution point. Ensure you have distributed the application (or package) to the distribution point, and that it successfully got there. You can use the Monitoring section of the console to verify the status of the content. You might need to "update distribution points" to re-try transferring the software to the distribution point if it had gotten stuck for some reason.

Hope that helps

Dave

Everytime when I push a software package to my CCM Client, the download of the application in the Software Center stay hanging on 0%.

I am experiencing similar behavior in my setup.

Were you able to find a solution for this issue Jens?

I am having difficulty finding any error associated with the downloads which hang at 0%.

When I check my distribution point status in Configuration Manager, the update appears with 100% compliance.

The client machine appears in the "In progress" list under Deployment Status.

Hi jwns,

What does your "Site Status" say?

Navigate to "Monitoring", and select "site status", where you should be able to see errors associated with site services.

This might give you better guidance.