Guest rob

problem in WDS

Question

Hello, I'm having some what of a problem getting and XP image to fully deploy in WDS. So I have the server all set up with XP images created, booting the client computer and connected to WDS, select and load .wim just fine. After selecting .wim and about to start installing, a fatal error displays saying "Setup encountered an error while trying to upgrade the Internet Explorer."

I can't figure out whats wrong with the image (if anything at all). I've tried XP SP2 with IE6 fully updated, XP SP2 IE7 fully updated and XP SP3 IE7 fully updated. This is suppose to be a production server.

When I initially configured and tried out WDS on the test environment, everything went smoothly, image deployed, up and running in 25-30 mins with 2 test clients. Now I can't even get this one going. Any ideas on the Internet Explorer error??

Thanks for the help

3 answers to this question

how much ram have you got in the client you are trying to install ? can you give any more details of where the failure occurs please

cheers

anyweb

how much ram have you got in the client you are trying to install ? can you give any more details of where the failure occurs please

cheers

anyweb

client has 2GB of RAM.

The error message I get is after the client has connected to WDS. First display asks for language, click next, display of available images, I select one of the XP .wim I had sysprepped n copied to WDS. It then transfers the image and when the mini setup begins, then it displays the fatal error "... problem with upgrading internet explorer... because it cannot update/edit the registry"

it's a really strange error you are getting,

are you getting the same error for all xp versions you listed in the previous post ?

what was different between your test setup and the production server ?

cheers

anyweb