sybux

SCCM 2012 - Inject Drivers

Hi,

I've follow the post :

System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Guides

to play with the RC2

It's a very very good tutorial. You should concider writting a book.

Now my question : How is manage drivers and how to inject drivers in SCCM 2012 ? like before with 2007 ? Is it also possible to inject in the boot image ?

Thx in advance.

It’s very similar to SCCM 2007 from what I’ve seen. I haven't even noticed the differences. You can either go to the properties of the boot image and add the driver/s in there or (probably a better way) select the desired driver/s from ‘drivers’ sections of the software library and right click the driver, select ‘Edit’ then ‘Boot Images’, and inject the drivers into the desired image that way.

I tend to do it the second way as I can sort the drivers by the categories I have already defined (eg “WinPE x86 drivers”) which makes them easier to select

In the same boat as some others posted before though their fixes i already had in place.

Error relates to TSPxe after i select my task sequence i get an error " Cannot find package xxxx on your distribution point"

from the logs

Content location request for AKL00004:3 failed (Code 0x80040102)

From the previous replies

DNS is fine

I have created a boundary and a boundary group which points to the boundary that to linked to the dp.

I have "Updated the Distribution Points" on my x64 Boot image,(AKL00004), packages, ts etc.. and ran a verification which verified that it was on the dp.

I have created another Task sequence to no avail, same error.

post-17333-0-30977300-1346384605_thumb.png

Hi,

I've follow the post :

System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Guides

to play with the RC2

It's a very very good tutorial. You should concider writting a book.

Now my question : How is manage drivers and how to inject drivers in SCCM 2012 ? like before with 2007 ? Is it also possible to inject in the boot image ?

Thx in advance.

In SCCM 2012, the driver import has been made very easy.

From the SCCM console, go to Operating Systems -> Drivers. Right click and select Import Drivers and follow the wizard.

The wizard will also present you with an option to update the drivers to boot images.

For more information go to Technet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh397288.aspx#BKMK_AdditionalActions

There is another alternative option. Go to Operating Systems -> Boot Images. Select the boot image in question and right click it and select Properties. Select the Drivers tab and click on the add button on the right and then select the NIC drivers.

For VMware I recommend to import VMXNET3 Ethernet Drivers and Intel E1000.

For more information about VMX network drivers go to http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1011710