anyweb

using Configuration Manager 2012 in a LAB - The CM12 Guides in PDF and WORD format

Have the guides been updated since RTM or SP1?

I'm still in the process of writing the RTM guides which have got as far as part 9... they take a LOT of my time to do and prepare, and I do it all in my own time,

once I feel I have the time/patience I'll reproduce them in word format or similar.

cheers

niall

Hi there

I'd like to thank you for the Configmgr guides. It is a real big help!!

I have a quick question. I am following the guides to set up a configmgr lab. I am getting stuck in the part 7 of the guide. I have followed the guides up to this point but in the part where it says to create a task sequence to build and capture the win 7 x64 image, in the create task sequence wizard in the install windows option, I can't see any windows image package when I click on browse (as described on page 17 of the pdf guide part 7). As you can understand I am quite a beginner in this. Is there something elementary I am missing? Is there a workaround for this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dipan

I'd like to thank you for the Configmgr guides. It is a real big help!!

thanks !

in the part where it says to create a task sequence to build and capture the win 7 x64 image, in the create task sequence wizard in the install windows option, I can't see any windows image package when I click on browse (as described on page 17 of the pdf guide part 7).

this is normal with SP1 - see this post for details

Hi Niall

Thanks so much for your response. If I may ask one other silly question. I have gone through the blog that you mentioned. I have added the OS image, distributed the content, created the TS and manually edited it. However when I go to step 7 and try to import the computer information, I come up against another issue.When I go to the choose target collection, the only option the installer gives me is that of the All Windows 7 computers and not that of the Build and Capture win7x64. My question is that since the build and capture is a task sequence and not a collection, that will be logical isn't it? However the collection all windows 7 computers is a collection that is a collection that is already installed with the OS. We don't need to deploy OS separately for it.

I apologise if this is a really basic and silly question, but I am a configmgr noob :(

Thanks in advance.

Regards,