duberry_wotsit

Script to identify roaming profile location and remove

Question

I am looking to automate a prcoess as follows..

Input AD username

Retrieve network location of AD User Roaming Profile

Retrieve network location of home directory

Copy certain items from roaming profile to home directory

Delete network roaming profile

This is purely so helpdesk staff can delete a profile using a tool rather than having to browse to a server and delete manually...

I am guessing I can perform this via VBS but am looking for some pointers, I don't have any vbs experience but a starting point would be nice..!

Thanks

1 answer to this question

You've got a good start. First break everything down into psuedo code so you know what chunks you need to learn. And you might have better luck asking in a scripting forum than here. Also, if you're looking into making a little tool, you might look at .HTA files. These allow you to combine VBScript, JavaScript, and HTML. So you can make pretty little wrappers around all your code (so your tool could look like a normal Windows wizard).

And don't forget to use your favorite search engine. If I plug in "VBScript" "Active Directory" "Roaming Profile" I get quite few hits with sample code that could be tested...