GR-JM

Pxe boot Issues...

Question

Hi All,

This topic may have been covered before but i couldn't find anything whilst searchinbg the site, so please bare with me.

I currently have WDS 2010 configured on a 2008 R2 server. I have also go MDT installed on the same server, for which i have used to create my Lite touch WindowsPE boot.wim file.

For testing purposes i have pxe booted a Virtual Machine with windows 7 from my WDS server which worked perfectly. I then loaded the Lite touch WindowsPE boot.wim file onto a bootable usb which aslo perfectly installed Windows 7 from my WDS server.

Now the issue i have comes when i try and pxe boot directly from the on-board NIC on a HP ProBook 6460b. Pxe just sits there churning away and not picking up a dhcp address.

I have checked that pxe is enabled in the bios, i have configured the dhcp option 67 in my DHCP scope, i have also configured the following settings (See attachment)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm really stuck at the moment.

Thanks

Jason

post-15697-0-28523800-1334834453_thumb.png

1 answer to this question

problem solved after much head ache!

I configured an 'IP helper address' for my wds server on the data Vlan of my switches.

I also configured dhcp options 66 and 67.

It works a treat now.

*Can a moderator close this post*