harlequinsmad

Help, can I configure a Reort or Query to find a .exe file

I have been given the task of finding how many laptops/desktops have a particular .exe installed, is there a query or report I can configure/create to do this.

Great fun of picking up a job half done by someone else.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Hi Dave.

A very basic report would be like.

select vRS.Name0, vGSSF.FileName, vGSSF.FilePath

from v_GS_SoftwareFile as vGSSF inner join v_R_System as vRS on vGSSF.ResourceID = vRS.ResourceID

where vGSSF.FileName = @FileRequired

Notes:

- you have to enter the correct name of the exe file e.g explorer.exe not just explorer.

- you will have to create up a prompt with the name "FileRequired" by clicking the "Prompts..." button in the report properties.

- you need the Software Inventory Client Agent enabled and configured to lookup up *.exe files (this is the default setting, but good to check).

- this reports on if the file is on the hard drive NOT whether the exe is an installed application.

This is a bit of a starter report, extra bits can be added to make the "Values" button work or change it to look for installed applications. But that all depends on what it is you are being asked to identify.