twisd25108

Packages Downloading During OSD Instead of Running from Server

I've got an install of SCCM 2012 RTM, and have started setting up my task sequences. During my task sequence it's downloading all of the content instead of running it from the server. I read through the guides and noticed there's a checkbox to copy the content to the DP on each package so I went back and set that up and ensured all of the packages updated. However, when i run the TS it's still downloading the content. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I need to re-deploy my TS to my collections, or is there some magical size limit of a package that makes it download? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've got all of my packages already set to copy to distribution points and ensured they're all on the DP share. I didn't however have my Boot Images copied, but when I did set it to do that and it copied it still had no effect on the task sequence. Everything is still downloading

After this I went ahead and created all of my other task sequences we'd be using and deployed them all and it seems to be still happening to them. I'm going to run through my packages today though and ensure that I didn't miss one when I ticked the copy packages checkbox. I wish Microsoft had left this the way it was before.

Did you manage to solve this problem? I have the same issue, all packages are set to copy to distribution points. Access content directly appeared in deployment options but every time I select it, it reverts to download content after opening deployment settings. What's worse, when it is set like this task sequences crash frequently (but not all the time, configuration is ok) with this error:

Failed to run the action: Install Application.

The RPC server is unavailable. (Error: 800706BA; Source: Windows)

I've ran into this same issue. i've ensured that every package listed in the TS is checked for copying to a DP share (including the boot images), but when i try to create a new deployment there still isn't an option for accessing content directly from the DP. the only option available to me is to download the content locally when required. any insite would be appreciated

which configmgr client are you using in the task sequence ? the built in one, or one you created yourself (from a package from definition) ? if you use the build in package then you cannot change it's properties, instead, create a new one from 'create package from definition' and then make the appropriate changes to that package and use that pacakge in your task sequence

which configmgr client are you using in the task sequence ? the built in one, or one you created yourself (from a package from definition) ?

i figured this out shortly after i posted. i was using the built in ConfigMgr client, but the option to upload it to a DP share was greyed out. when i created a new client package with MDT, i was able to choose to upload it to the DP share. changing my TS to reference the new client package now lets me choose the option of installing all content directly from the DP