run on a live custom built machine and there will be some steps that you will have to initially set for instance the path to your network share where you want the capture image to be captured to....your network access account credentials...it is pretty self explanatory....after this it will sysprep and capture......make sure and choose the boot.wim that you injected the drivers into when creating the capture media.

If successful then you can create an operating system image from it which you can deploy to any amount of machines.....

If you need more info drop a post

Rocket man

Could you elobarate on this process? I am extremely new to OS/Software deployment and frankly I am getting overwhelmed by it.

I will do the capture media in SCCM, still working on that.

My question is how would I get it to be able to deploy via PXE?

After the target machine is set to the baseline I prefer, Capture Media, burn ISO to disc, then what?

Sorry for the ignorant questions.

Run the capture media CD on the baseline machine whilst logged in....(it cannot be on the domain)......Create a network share and share it out to your network access account.....once prompted to run the CD run it and enter in the UNC path to the share you are after creating ( this is where your image will be captured to)...directly below this enter in your network access account credentials in the form of domain\accountname.......password.........then give it a brief description on the next stage and proceed to sysprep.

hopefully it will be successful and capture your image to the share...you will be notified when the process is finished.

then create an operating system image out of this newly captured image via the software node ......operating systems node...im sure you are familiar with this???

Once the OS image is created...create a new task sequenec...choose create an exsisiting image ( the 1st choice and go through the steps)

Once the task sequence is created you can right click and edit it and add software packages...driver packages...command lines etc...... (do get familiar with this process)

Then you can deploy this to your collections....if the target machines have already got the client installed it will deploy even if the machines are in windows(it may take a while though, but you can force the process by openeing up the ConfMgr client in the control panel of the target machines and open up the actions tab and run machine policy...this forces the client to retrieve any policies...assignments targeted to it...by default the client is set to pole the site server every hour for new policies (this can be configured in the client settings)

If you are using PXE then again this only work if your target machines already have the client...if they dont it will not work (this is true and i hope others see this).....if your machines have no client but are still showing in your all devices collection then simply delete the entries from this collection out of the SCCM database and deploy the Task sequenec to the unknown Computer collection ( again i hope others read this as this is where alot of mistakes are made with PXE not working etc...even though it probably is working correctly, SCCM will not PXE boot a known computer)

there are scripts on the web you can get that will prompt the user to enter in a new computer name before the new OS is installed...i would advice you to source these and use 1 of them other wise SCCM will give the machines a strange name..

• Like 1

RocketMan,

Thanks for the help! I was able to resolve the issue. I used the ISO disc to capture the image and all is well now.

Also I tried the Build and Capture on a Dell E6500 with the same drivers and it worked perfectly. Apparently the Dell E6410 is the issue when trying to Capture automatically.

Resolved!!

I'm having the same issue with my PXE boot: PXE-E53 "No boot filename received"

It suspect that I'm not getting any IP address from the server. From what I have read, this does not need to be configured in DHCP. Is this correct? Aside from that, where could I be going wrong? Is it possible a port issue on my server or router?

Thanks

Conor