anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 1. Installation - CAS

yeah thats ok, check what SQL is storing on D:\ you'll see it's all the important bits (logs and database), in the screenshot below i'm showing you the contents of the DATA folder on D:\

d drive.png

Apologies, I'm probably just missing something, but in Step 6 here and in an earlier walkthrough of installing SCCM, you describe making inbound rules for SQL traffic using a new Group Policy built on the domain controller. But to which computer(s) should this policy be applied/linked? The SQL/SCCM server? Or the AD server? And if it is the AD server, can you give a little explanation as to why the SQL ports need to be open on that machine?

Thank you.

those SQL port policies are for the Configuration Manager servers that are hosting SQL server so that they can replicate to each other.

Thank you for the clarification. To make the walkthrough clearer for folks like me, might you want to show actually linking the GPO to the SCCM server? You're so good about giving detailed steps elsewhere...this how-to has been a godsend!

I am having the exact same errors on trying to install SCCM that BewilderedAtTheMoment mentions in comment #11 on this thread. From reading his/her comments, I don't see mention of a solution. Did he/she correspond privately with you and do you happen to know a solution for the errors encountered in comment #11? I've read your subsequent questions/responses and all of my answers to those questions would be the same. All of my settings look right, but the prerequisites check throws the "SQL Server service running account", "Required SQL Server Collation" and "SQL server sysadmin rights" errors.

Hi Dimwit and Bewilderedatthemoment I have had the same problem as you are having.

I had created the sql server installation and had named my instance SCCM and was happty that all the prereqs were correct and was still getting the 3 SQL Prerequisiste check errors you described. I looked at the ConfigMgrSetup.log and was being informed I did not have administrator rights.

Eventually after much adjusting and recreating my admin account I decided to go and install it anyway knowing that the it would run a pre req check again later in the installation process.

This second Pre req check run and it passed.

My Implementaion completed and SCCM and its database have installed as expected.

I had the same issue when I set up using a DB instance on another server with the same result

It seems that the pre requisiste check does not manage the SQL checks particuarly well.

I would try and install anyway.....the worst can happen is that it gives you an error at the second pre req check