anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 1. Installation - CAS

Please let people know that adding WEBDAV during prereq installation can really trigger "world problems"

I had huge problems replicating contents between CAS and PRI. Almost gave up.... :wacko:

Removing the role service did the trick :D

Hi Root Admin, Thanks for the excellent work. The guide is a very detailed one covering even the minute steps. But I am confused with the following.

Create AD users:

Note: Perform the following on the Active Directory Domain Controller server (AD1) as Local Administrator

In addition I created some accounts in AD, namely:

* SMSadmin, a domain user

* Testuser, a domain user

* Testuser2, a domain user

* Testuser3, a domain user

* DomJoin, a domain user,(for joining computers to the domain)

* ReportsUser, a domain user for reporting services.

* ClientInstall, a domain user used when installing the Configuration Manager Client for Client Push. This user must be a local administrator on computers you want to install the Configuration Manager Client.

* SCCMNAA, a domain user, (Network Access Account) used during OSD

(What do you exactly mean by saying that Perform on AD DC as Local Administrator? How can we create domain accounts in AD by logging in as Local Admin. Please can you clarify )

Create Local Administrator accounts:

Note: Perform the following on the SCCM 2012 server as Local Administrator

On both the CAS and P01 ConfigMgr servers add the SMSadmin and ClientInstall users to the Local Administrators group.

(Here it is clear. We have to add the domain account SMSadmin & ClientInstall to the local administrator group on CAS & P01)

Waiting to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Adsl

Hi Root Admin, Thanks for the excellent work. The guide is a very detailed one covering even the minute steps. But I am confused with the following.

(What do you exactly mean by saying that Perform on AD DC as Local Administrator? How can we create domain accounts in AD by logging in as Local Admin. Please can you clarify )

i mean logon to your active directory domain controller using a user account that has Administrative permissions on the server, that can be any user that is a member of the builtin Administrators group on that domain controller, so you can login as Administrator or a domain admin or any user as long as they are in the local administrator group (on the DC)

• Like 1

Just hope this helps anyone with the SQL failed pre requisite problem.

The prerequisite seems to only want to connect to the sql server with the default instance name of MSSQLSERVER, if you have called the instance something else or are trying to connect to another SQL Server then the prerequisites will fail for SQL Server and service name.

PreReq will only accept the local server for the SQL Server and MSSQLSERVER for the instance name.

As i say I hope this helps anyone.

Great instructions, working for the standards.

1# Question is: Someone succedded not installing SCCM12 into "Default Web Site" but a different one (also listening http:80)?

(Ours is disabled and replaced by a new corporate site)

2# Question is: Application Catalog Web Site can be installed into another site - listening to http:80 or a different port?

good question, take a look at this info from Technet:-

Site System Roles That Can Use Custom Websites

The following Configuration Manager site system roles require IIS and use the default or custom website on the site system server:

• Application Catalog web service point
  • Application Catalog website point
  • Distribution point
  • Enrollment point
  • Enrollment proxy point
  • Fallback status point
  • Management point
  • Software update point
  • State migration point

clear.gif Custom Website Ports

When you create a custom website, you must assign port numbers to the custom website that differ from the port numbers that the default website uses. The default website and the custom website cannot run at the same time if both sites are configured to use the same TCP/IP ports.

After the site system roles are reinstalled, verify that the TCP/IP ports configured in IIS for the custom website match the client request ports for the site.

For information about how to configure ports for client communication, see How to Configure Client Communication Port Numbers in Configuration Manager.