anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 1. Installation - CAS

I am confused as to why you have to open ports 1433 and 4022 on every client on the network? I thought that all outbound traffic from clients even if the firewall is switched on will not need this port open as all outbound traffic is allowed by default? Am i missing something?

Many Thanks

Matt

good point

it's not for every client, it's just for the Configuration Manager servers to replicate data between each other - I've edited the post to clear that up and suggested that you target the GPO to an OU where you've placed your Configuration Manager servers.

I have problem to install the SCCM 2012, I followed this guide (but I used SQL Server 2012 instead of 2008), I have following errors (See the screen shots) . As far as collation is concerned I selected (it was pre-selected) the correct collation.‪M:\SQL-RunningAccount.png‪M:\SQL-Server-Collation.png‪M:\SQL-SysAdmin.png

i don't see any screenshot, can you repost the screenshot please, note that SQL Server 2012 is only supported with Configuration Manager 2012 SP1

i don't see any screenshot, can you repost the screenshot please, note that SQL Server 2012 is only supported with Configuration Manager 2012 SP1

Hi,

Sorry for the screenshot, please have a look on the DropBox link:

https://www.dropbox....e/Install+Setup

I am using

ConfigMgr_SCEP_2012_RTM_INTL_7711

for SQL Server Collation I am sure I have (pre-selected) SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

Note:

Before I run the SQL setup and SCCM 2012 setup, I have installed the ADK and SQL Server instance has been creatred for the ADK, but when I installed the SQL Server 2012, I completly created a new SQL instance with name "MSSQLSERVER"

Since your link requires a DropBox login, it would be best just to post your screen shots here. When you reply, click the "More Reply Options" located near the bottom right. It should take you to another screen.

post-18089-0-19499100-1356805758_thumb.jpg

From there you can attach the image files;

post-18089-0-93092500-1356805759_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Since your link requires a DropBox login, it would be best just to post your screen shots here. When you reply, click the "More Reply Options" located near the bottom right. It should take you to another screen.

post-18089-0-19499100-1356805758_thumb.jpg

From there you can attach the image files;

post-18089-0-93092500-1356805759_thumb.jpg

ConfigMgrSetup.log

post-4293-0-15504300-1356822928_thumb.png

post-4293-0-53616800-1356822934_thumb.png

post-4293-0-96066800-1356822950_thumb.png

Before I run the SQL setup and SCCM 2012 setup, I have installed the ADK and SQL Server instance has been creatred for the ADK, but when I installed the SQL Server 2012, I completly created a new SQL instance with name "MSSQLSERVER"

A SQL server instance is needed for Windows ADK?? (not too sure about this)

The 1st instance(default) will be MSSQLSERVER in a SQL setup.

To check which collation you have configured your DB engine with follow these simple instructions:

http://msdn.microsof...y/hh230914.aspx

If it is not SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS then you can follow this guide to change the collation:

http://andysal.wordp...server-2008-r2/

I had a similar problem when I tried installing SCCM 2012 on Server 2012 and SQL BI 2012(testing environment...not supported). I did run the above command and it did change the collation but SCCM pre-reqs failed continuously. I changed the SQL edition to Enterprise with CU2 and it worked seemlessly!!

Which edition are you using and have you installed any SQL CU for SQL 2012?

ConfigMgr_SCEP_2012_RTM_INTL_7711

that's the RTM release of Configuration Manager 2012, Configuration Manager 2012 Sp1 is the only version that supports SQL Server 2012 ..