anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 1. Installation - CAS

You did a fantastic job on this guide! I would recomend review of this document to anyone installing or just getting familiar with SCCM2012. You provided basic detailed instruction with enough extra commentary so that the reader can easily understand what is really going on and learn the app.

Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

• Like 1

You did a fantastic job on this guide! I would recomend review of this document to anyone installing or just getting familiar with SCCM2012. You provided basic detailed instruction with enough extra commentary so that the reader can easily understand what is really going on and learn the app.

Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

thanks, it means a lot to read words like these :)

Hi, I'm moving from a 2007 environment with one Primary and one secondary site server, each in a east/west datacenter. We then have a Distro Point in each of our 12 offices for local package caching, and boundaries set so east servers are in one site and west in the other. Can I mirror this design in 2012 or do I need a CAS in front of the Primary. Everything I have read about building a Standalone Primary doesn't mention if you can add Secondary Site servers beneath it.

Also, what data is stored within the Secondary Site SQL database? Everything I read says it does indeed participate in Database Replication, but doesn't say what specifically is being replicated. I am trying to decide if I should give it a real (off box) SQL server or be lazy and go with SQL Express.

Thanks,

Hi anyweb,

During the installation of SCCM 2012 SP1 with SQL 2012 SP1 and Windows 2012 Server I got the error message by Database Information" follow error message:

---------------------------
Setup is unable to connect to SQL Server with the connection information provided. Verify the following:

. The SQL Server and instance names are entered correctly

. The specified SQL Server instance is not configured to use dynamic ports

. If a firewall is enabled on the SQL Server, inbound rules exist to allow connections to the correct ports

. The account used to run Setup has permissions to connect to the specified SQL Server instance
---------------------------

Do you have any Idea?

Best regards

Keywan

Hello,

I have an issue in SCCM. My setup is a forest domain with 2 child. All my clients in these are ok. I have a seperate domain on a seperate VLAN that contains our Accudose cabinets for dispensing drugs. I am trying to manage these machines in SCCM. I have tried to install manually using command line but the test machine I am using is not showing in SCCM.

Hello,

I have an issue in SCCM. My setup is a forest domain with 2 child. All my clients in these are ok. I have a seperate domain on a seperate VLAN that contains our Accudose cabinets for dispensing drugs. I am trying to manage these machines in SCCM. I have tried to install manually using command line but the test machine I am using is not showing in SCCM.

does this have anything to do with Installing a CAS ? if not please raise a NEW topic thanks

Thank you for an excellent series, this is really helping me to get SCCM up and running. The only thing missing from this Part 1 is that I had a prerequisite requiring the Windows ADK to be installed: specifically the USMT, Deployment and PE Environment modules.

yes, that is covered on Technet in this section:-

Planning for High Availability with Configuration Manager

and I quote from some of the info there..

Hello My Name is Enrique and my problem is the next: I have Install SCCM 2012 in the Server 2012 whit SQL Server 2008 R" and taxes everything well set until Software Updates Point, The scenario presents WSUS role installed and configured , without selecting any products or upgrade for this to be set from the SCCM 2012 the version of WSUS is the 6.2.9200.16384. Now the instalation the rol in SCCM 2012 of Software Updates Point the selection the ports 8530, 8531, updates and products and the end is ok. But to start the sync does nothing to validate the following errors SCCM Shows.

I commented that all actions and do et seq nothing happened can someone help?

post-20157-0-81174200-1368154830_thumb.jpgpost-20157-0-16802000-1368155085_thumb.jpgpost-20157-0-63227500-1368155158_thumb.jpgpost-20157-0-04451000-1368155256_thumb.jpgpost-20157-0-90191500-1368155277_thumb.jpgpost-20157-0-27811400-1368155313_thumb.jpgpost-20157-0-79956600-1368155388_thumb.jpgpost-20157-0-55481100-1368155405_thumb.jpg