anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 1. Installation - CAS

Thank you for an excellent series, this is really helping me to get SCCM up and running. The only thing missing from this Part 1 is that I had a prerequisite requiring the Windows ADK to be installed: specifically the USMT, Deployment and PE Environment modules.

and that's because when this guide was written Service Pack 1 was not available, the pre requisites you are mentioning are part of SP1, this is covered in great detail in part 11. Please review the index here. I will add a note to this guide (Part 1) pointing to the prereqs for SP1 however.

Hi guys wonder if any of you could give me the answer getting a management point installed its coming up with mof compile errors. I have follow this document to the letter but still fails.

I won't add the information here as it will create a duplicate post i have it posted on this site but a different section so below is the link. I would we really glad if somebody could help resolve this because thus far i am unable to find anyone.

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8115-sccm-2012-sp1-mp-installation-failure-will-not-install/

Hi,

I have a small doubt on SUP configuration. we have 1(CAS) + 3 primary sites(PR0, PR1 and Pr2).

CAS and 1 primary will have DB in cluster with 3 instance(1 CAS + 1 PR0 + 1WSUS).

Now where shall I install WSUS to use the 1WSUS inistance? PR0 or CAS.

I hope CAS can use WSUS instance since if we install for CAS it can be a ASUP and push updates to PR0 clients from CAS as well, leaving PRI with no SUP. (is it possible with SCCM 2012 SP1?)

If not can I

->use the same WSUS instance for both CAS and PR0?

->or install WSUS DB for PR0 in Site database?

->or use WSUS instance in primary instead of CAS. So that SUP(ASUP) in PR0 will be source and SUP on other primary will get from ASUP?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Ajay

not here, but go ahead and follow the guide here except substitute Server 2012 for Server 2008r2, and substitude SQL 2012 SP1 with SQL 2008R2

HELP! HELP! Help! Help!

Boss,

This is a Great Article. I would like to inform you that here we are trying different domains with different forests at CAS & primary site. Means, CAS is abc.com & Primary site is xyz.com. Please guide me how can I install? I asked several people even local Microsoft here. But they failed to explain the procedure. Please suggest me the set by step procedure. Is that any domain publishing issue with PKI deployment. Appreciate if you reply. My email address: tmoshiur@gmail.com. Can I have your skype ID?

Moshiur

A trusted forest works almost the same as the local domain.

Quote from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712320.aspx

You must have a forest trust to support any Configuration Manager sites that are located in other Active Directory forests. When you install a Configuration Manager site in a trusted forest, Configuration Manager does not require any additional configuration steps. However, make sure that any intervening firewalls and network devices do not block the network packets that Configuration Manager requires, that name resolution is working between the forests, and that you use an account that has sufficient permissions to install the site.