anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 1. Installation - CAS

I done all the part one as you said.

But I could not access to SCCM program with SMSadmin user. But I have access to that with Administrator account.

if you followed the guide 100% then you would not have this problem, you most likely installed Configuration Manager as the Local administrator account (Administrator) and then later logged on as SMSadmin.

Which permisiion should I make for this user?

as you can logon as Administrator and start the configuration manager console, you can grant the SMSadmin user (or group of configuration manager admins) the Full Administrator rights, thos rights are listed below

Grants all permissions in Configuration Manager. The administrative user who first creates a new Configuration Manager installation is associated with this security role, all scopes, and all collections.

Can I do Primary site and secondary without CAS

yes of course you can, that would be a standalone primary scenario (with secondary sites underneath).

please don't send me PM's, everyone does that thinking they are the only person sending me PMs and as a result I get many...

the answer is here, follow that guide and you'll have a standalone primary, then install a secondary after you are done and all is good.

hi great tutorial, my question is we have 2 remote sites one in DC and one in London, i installed a distribution point on each site but when i tried pushing content to our remote site it fails. do i need to create a secondary site in order to store images etc. locally on that site or will a distribution work sufficiently?

impossible to say without knowing what infrastructure you have, what is the bandwidth (line) between the primary and the site in london ? when the content failed, what was the failure message ? hint the logs on the site server will help you to determine this, also have you configured any bandwidth settings on the remote dp, see step 6 here

impossible to say without knowing what infrastructure you have, what is the bandwidth (line) between the primary and the site in london ? when the content failed, what was the failure message ? hint the logs on the site server will help you to determine this, also have you configured any bandwidth settings on the remote dp, see step 6 here

sorry for the late response we've been working long nights at this but i think we finally got it working, we are going to test a task sequence tomorrow to see if it works. the only thing im scared of is when i installed the client onto the remote machines in dc and ln the management point was still pointing to my ny server even though we successfully created a distro point on our dc and ln server and pushed content.

do you think it will download the content for the task sequence from the home server?