anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 1. Installation - CAS

CU6 is most likely replaced with a newer update since I wrote the guide, however i went and downloaded it again and ended up with the following file extracted SQLServer2008R2-KB2679367-x64.exe

what did you end up with when you extracted it ?

the file I chose to download was

SQL Server 2008 R2 All (Global) x64 SQLServer2008R2_SP1_CU6_2679367_10_50_2811_x64

It did not update saying that i already have the service pack the error i received. Ughhh then while installing sccm i got an error can connect to sql server listening ports. I uninstalled re installed sql ..I think i messed up going to start over on the CAS server.

Here is what happens now

I run

Capture5_zpse9a452cd.png

The command would not update so i tried to install it manually

Capture4_zps740e3353.png

Capture3_zpsec2f1e69.png

In my haste i think i download the wrong SQL server Bangs head to keyboard. I think i downloaded SQL 2008 Workgroup. I dont think that will work. Can you please verify this is the correct link

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=1279

I will unistall SQL version i have and update.

well you are doing something wrong, please re-read the guide and follow the steps from start to finish and be precise, if you don't you'll probably get unexpected results,

Thanks ill try again.

Fixed it

Hello,

You need CU2 for SQL Server 2012 RTM or later to be able to install SSCM 2012. You can install SP1 for SQL Server 2012 too.

CU2 can be downloaded from the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2703275/en-us

When you click on the “Hotfix Download Available” button, make sure you make a click on the “"Show hotfixes for all platforms and languages (8) " link, then download and install the following file:

SQLServer2012_RTM_CU2_2703275_11_0_2325_x64

Hello,

I have already extend the schema on my sccm server and it is a VM, what if I remove the server and re-installed it in a Physical machine and use the same name ?

do I have to extend the schema again ?

do I need to delete any previous entries ?

thanks

Dnet

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I am experiencing the issue in my SCCM 2012 R2 installation, management point critical 0, I have removed and re-installed the management point , re-installed IIS , removed BITS and re-installed, however the issue is still alive

11/05/14 00:14:43> Backing up D:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\logs\mpMSI.log to D:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\logs\mpMSI.log.LastError
<11/05/14 00:14:43> Fatal MSI Error - mp.msi could not be installed.

dNET