PR.

Auto User and Device Affinity

//EDIT - Doh, sorry ignore, the half dozen machines I checked don't have primary users, but I've checked others and they do so it does seem to be working after all! :ph34r:

Has anyone managed to get this to work automatically?

I set it up at the beginning of the month, and configured the client settings using the default values. However nothing was populated in the Primary User for devices.

I then reconfigured it to:

User device affinity usage threshold (minutes) - 840

User device affinity usage threshold (days) - 10

Automatically configured user device affinity from usage data - True

Allow user to define their primary devices - True

My reading suggested that if a user used a device for at least 14hrs over a 10 day period that would be assigned as a primary device.

Three weeks later, still nothing is being recorded, most users work 8am-6pm Monday to Friday so the rules above should have triggered the system. I even have users who stay logged in 24/7 and they aren't recorded either.

I did also read that I would need to set auditing of logon/logoff events on client machines, but again this has made no difference.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Patience? :)

Check the client settings on device affinity to make sure the numbers apply to how long your users are logged in. On our system it took a good few weeks before SCCM started building up the information.

Have you checked that you can manually assign a primary device?

Same - no success here. I did get our 2008 R2 Remote server's to show every single user to show as a primary and it showed up as a request in the affinity manager. However, all machines are not working other than these two in the Remote Desktop farm.