Nordland

Is there a way to hide OS Deployment Task Sequence's from the Software Center?

My problem is this.

I want to be able to use SCCM 2012 to deploy Windows 7/8/2008R2 but I do not want to advertise the task sequences in the software center to the users since I would just get a lot of questions about it. I also dont want to only deploy the deployment task sequences to the "unknown" collection, since I will have to micromanage the SCCM database and remove computers from their existing collections before I can reimage the computers. We are running a shop that very frequently reimage laptops for the users but the guy doing the imaging does not have any knowledge of SCCM, nor should need to.

Is it possible to deploy a task sequence to a collection but hide it from the software center?

I only want the task to be able to run in WinPE.

Thanks

deploy it and make it only available to an operating system that you don't have in your organization, that way it will not appear in windows (software center) but will appear in WinPE.

• Like 2

Hi there,

Long time reader and first time poster. Thanks soo much for your SCCM guides - they have been a life saver!

One has to wonder why they just didn't make a tick box to just hide this from the Software Center...but never the less I am very greatful as now I can assign my TS to all of my collections :)