tmiller_hockey

OSD Program Files For S0100007 Cannot Be Located On Dist Point

Now that I've got my PXE working I'm running into the error of:

Failed to run task sequence because the program files cannot be located on a distribution point.

In the documentation for RC2 it states to enable the "Copy content to a share on distribution points" but then after that it's vague on where it means when it says "Note: once you have enabled the setting above your Deployment distribution settings gets a new drop down menu choice, access content directly from a distribution point when needed by the running task sequence"

Where can I find this and what exactly needs to be done here

Disregard, I figured it out.

Possibly WinPE doesn't have the NIC drivers for the system you're attempting to deploy to?

If you followed the guides here, press F8 at the failed task sequence window to open the command prompt and type cmtrace then use the log viewer to open the log files (located in <largest fixed partition>\SMSTSLOG), from there it should be clear what's preventing the task sequence running through.

If F8 doesn't do anything, on CM2012 you need to go to Software Library > Operating Systems > Boot Images > properties of your images > Customisation tab > tick "Enable command support (testing only) then click ok and rebuild/redeploy the images and try again.

Yes, I would like to know the answer too since I have the same problem.

Other suggestions like

When "Program Files cannot be located on a Distribution point" error message is displayed during loading the boot image, select "When no local distribution point is available, use a remote distribution point" in the advertisement.

don't work for me. So I'm kinda stuck.

Thanks in advance for any help.