anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 2. Install the primary server - P01

Hi Anyweb,

Could you please tell me, why I cannot install SCCM 2012 SP1 the both follow options?

"Install a Configuration Manager central administration site" and after that I could install
"Install a Configuration Manager primary site"

I know I could install these above option by SCCM 2012. But SCCM 2012 SP1 you can install on of these option.

Is that correct?

Best regards

you should be able to install both provided that you havnt installed one (a CAS) before, can you show me what you are seeing (screenshot)

Hi,

My machine is new and I do not have installed any SCCM 2012 before.

I install first

"Install a Configuration Manager central administration site" and after that I did want to install the second option "Install a Configuration Manager primary site"

but it is gray out and I can choose only recover the side or uninstall the side. Is the problem because I have only one sccm server and I should to install an standalone primary server?

post-17658-0-78380400-1365663064_thumb.png

if you installed a CAS on this server and if you want to install a primary site then you must do that on ANOTHER server by running setup on that other server

if you have only one server then you should probably not be installing a CAS but install a standalone primary instead, are you setting up a lab or production ?

cheers

Hi anyweb,

Yes you are right, I know that too. I only have one server and I want to install standalone primary side. I am setting up a production.

I did follow your parts (index)

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4045-system-center-2012-configuration-manager-guides/

If I go to above link and Standalone Primary Server and click on CM12 in a lab - Part 1. Installation., I see follow information:

Update: This post has been superseded since the release of the RTM version of Configuration Manager 2012. To see the new post please click here.

If I click on here, I see the same parts like CAS. Is the link correct?

How many clients can I configure with standalone primary side? What is the differnet between Lab and Production?

Let me please know which documentation should I follow to installing standalone primary side

Best regards

if you dont need a cas (and you don't) then instead of choosing to install a CAS install a standalone primary instead, so follow everything else that the guide covers and you'll be fine.

Hi

I followed your instruction while doing installation of CAS but now i am not able add my primary site to CAS, I am getting error The Version of COonfiguration Manager on the installation media is newer than the Veriosn that's installed on specified central administration site . Could you please help

I am using different media. That problem solved I install everything again. But new problem arise my primary is connected but it is opening in read mode only.

have a read of this, does it help.