anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 2. Install the primary server - P01

I have done with CAS and PRI As per the Niall instruction , i should get the replication status as Active. but i'm getting being configured. Could you please help me on configuration on replication.

I don't know what did i miss.

I'm also getting read-only maintenance mode in the Primary site server.

appreciate your help

thank you

Irul

post-26210-0-70721500-1434659306_thumb.png

post-26210-0-76617300-1434659528_thumb.jpg

I am trying to add additonal child Primary Server on our existing Hierarchy but I was stopped by this error and cannot continue. This stopped exactly when I am joining this primary site to existing CAS

Here's my setup My Setup:
CAS:
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
SCCM 2012 SP1
Remote SQL Server 2008 SP3, Enterprise, Clustered
SMSAdmin1 set as Local Admin on CAS
SMSAdmin1 set as sysadmin role on DB
Full Admin on SCCM
With existing child Primary Site
New Primary Site:
Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
To install SCCM 2012 SP1
SQL installed on Primary Site Server
SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CU6
Used different account to install Primary Site (i.e. SMSAdmin2)
SMSAdmin2 set as Local Admin on CAS Server
SMSAdmin2 set as sysadmin role on CAS site DB
SMSAdmin2 set as Local Admin on Primary Site Server
SMSAdmin2 set as sysadmin role on Primary Site DB
SMSAdmin2 set as Full Admin-All scopes in SCCM CAS
Computer account was added to existing security groups to have access to System Management container

I got this log from ConfigMgrSetupWizard.txt

19/06/2015 3:45:23 PM: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Information: 1 : Cannot detect SMS Type because either SiteServer, SqlServer or SiteServerName is empty.
19/06/2015 3:50:02 PM: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Error: 1 : Received COMException while connecting to the SMS provider on servername.com. Exception message: [The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)].
19/06/2015 3:50:02 PM: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Error: 1 : Failed to get provider location from %s
19/06/2015 4:03:40 PM: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Verbose: 1 : Exiting SetupWPF.exe.
19/06/2015 4:19:01 PM: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Information: 1 : Cannot detect SMS Type because either SiteServer, SqlServer or SiteServerName is empty.
Attached is the actual GUI error
post-30105-0-80241900-1434698318_thumb.jpg

did you read the 'error', it's basically telling you that you don't have enough permissions as the logged on user to do wat you need to do. So login as a user that has Full Administrator permssions and you should be able to accomplish things..

Hi Anyweb,

I apologize for late reply. Yes I read the error and viewed my permission on our CAS site and I'm "Full Administrator" on "All Scopes". The account is also running as local admin on the system. All the steps on part 1 were followed as well but I do not know why it is acting this way.

Do you have recommendation?

Cannot detect SMS Type because either SiteServer, SqlServer or SiteServerName is empty.

how is SQL server setup/entered in the wizard ?

how is SQL server setup/entered in the wizard ?

I have not reached that part yet. I still on the process of joining the PRI to CAS.

Anyway - this has been resolved. I found out that port 445 is currently block on the PRI thus the return message coming from CAS does not reach PRI. Thus, PRI assumes that I don't have access to CAS