amarsaudon

iled to Run Task Sequence, Files for package cannot be located

Hello! This is my first post, and I am new to SCCM 2012 (but used SCCM 2007 a fair bit).

I have been following Anyweb's guides in my test environment, and have been having issues successfully booting the Build and Capture images (Step 10 http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4468-using-sccm-2012-rc-in-a-lab-part-7-build-and-capture-windows-7-x64/ ) . I am able to boot both x86 and x64 images, select the task sequence, but then immediately I am hit with: “Failed to Run Task Sequence - This Task Sequence cannot be run because the program files for <package_ID> cannot be located on a distribution point.”

I have verified the package in question is in fact on the question (the package in question is actually either my x86 or x64 boot image).

I do have the "Copy the content in this package to a package share on distribution points" checkbox checked on the package as well!

I have tried on both x86 and x64 computers, with Broadcom and Intel network chips (trying to rule out driver issues as I experienced many in WDS deployments). Any ideas where I should look next? I'm really at a stand still on this!!

post-15960-0-11889500-1336574089_thumb.jpg

post-15960-0-12812200-1336574096_thumb.jpg

I struggled with quite similar problems. In my case it was a problem with DP Packages folder and / or the Access Account on the package itself.

Can you check once the MANAGE ACCESS ACCOUNTS on the package in your software library overview and do also a check on the permissions at the SMSPKGC$ . I do not know which account you are using for the task sequence to get the packages. If you did any changes do not forget to update distribution point.

• Like 1

please check the logfile using F8 while in your TS (you need to active 'enable debugging' first in SCCM) and go to X: and open the smts.log (C:\Windows\Temp\... )

Then you might see some extra info why the TS is failing. A reason might be that the hash is incorrect, in that case: update distribution point will help.

I had this very same problem. Found this on Technet forums:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmanagerosd/thread/949574ac-c947-4ff4-a817-263014246ee2

More specifically, I hadn't added a boundary group to the distribution point. After that it worked fine.

Still trying to understand all the relationships of some of the new features of SCCM 2012 but it's been a good learning experience.