RobinArm

Report / Query problems with sccm 2007

Question

Hi.

I am a complete beginer with SCCM 2007. We have deployed it onto one of our Domains and the client is installed on a few PC's now. I've deploed some software updates and also have a package working for Picasa.

I now need to pull certain info from the clients for our asset management dept ; PC name, Service Tag number,IP Address, Model, Bios, Memory and Monitor type. I am a bit confused on Reports versus Queries. I've been trying to do this with a query, should I be using a Report instead?

I put together a brief query of PC Name and IP and it ran fine. I added last user to login and when I ran the query it the CCM console crashed. I then removed the last username criteria but it still crashes with a message to say

"System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.AdminConsole.ConsoleView.ConsoleFormViewControl.listView1_CacheVirtualItems(Object sender, CacheVirtualItemsEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)

at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.AdminConsole.Common.SmsListView.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"

Oddly this query ran ok once or twice but mainly crashes. My SQL statement is;

select distinct SMS_R_System.NetbiosName, SMS_R_System.IPAddresses from SMS_R_System where LOWER(SMS_R_System.NetbiosName) like "%DGC%" order by SMS_R_System.NetbiosName

I also have another query to show me a list of XP PC's with the client installed. My query statment for this is;

select SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.SMSAssignedSites, SMS_R_System.IPAddresses, SMS_R_System.IPSubnets, SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion, SMS_R_System.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, SMS_R_System.LastLogonUserDomain, SMS_R_System.LastLogonUserName, SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_System.ResourceId, SMS_R_System.ResourceType, SMS_R_System.NetbiosName from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion = "Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 5.1" and SMS_R_System.Client is not null

When I run this one it appears to show a list for a split second but then the details vanish and the list is blank.

Can anyone tell me how to start to work out why these simple queries are not working. I've posted the Event generated in the App log.

Config Manager Crash Event.txt

1 answer to this question