Trying to enable Wake on LAN to a mass amount of already deployed workstations. I pulled down Dell's CCTK. Enabled the Wake on LAN feature for all models and dumped out an EXE from the software. Packaged it in SCCM, and it successfully gets pulled down. However, when SCCM is running the install execmgr.log keeps telling me:

Script for Package:CU100103, Program: Dell BIOS Settings Wake On LAN failed with exit code 10

The advertisement status on the console tells me the same information.

Has anyone had much experience deploying CCTKs this way? I have included images of the packages program settings; as it might be something in the manor I am telling it to run.

Any help is appreciated. Also, Windows Noob is a job saver.

post-14550-0-11618800-1336774002_thumb.gif

post-14550-0-44559200-1336774009_thumb.gif

post-14550-0-64368100-1336774034_thumb.gif

Are you installing the HAPI driver before running the cctk exe? I had the same issue, and just created a quick batch file to install the HAPI driver first. I found it much easier just to do the command line option, rather than using the exe that the gui software created. All command line options are given here:

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/SOFTWARE/smcctk/1.0/ug/html/cctkugcd.htm

Iain

Got this to work, thanks to anyweb'sdocument Customising Windows 7 deployments - part 5. Slightly modified.

Dell BIOS Remote Change – SCCM:

Pull down the latest version of Dell’s CCTK from vendor.

Run the install on local machine.

Copy the x86 and x86_64 folders from the local install directory (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\CCTK).

post-14550-0-82123700-1339002833_thumb.gif

Paste these folders to your SCCM servers source files directory.

From the SCCM console navigate to Computer Management > Software Distribution > Packages.

Create a new package using the source files mentioned above.

Add this package to the DP and Update the DP. Ensure the package was successfully installed to the DP.post-14550-0-83645800-1339002836_thumb.gif

From the SCCM console navigate to Computer Management > Operating System Deployment > Task Sequences.

post-14550-0-44420700-1339002835_thumb.gif

Create a new Task Sequence.

In the newly created TS click Add > General > Run Command Line

post-14550-0-46943200-1339002839_thumb.gif

Use this XCOPY command for copying the x86_64 to the targeted client’s C drive.

xcopy.exe "X86_64\*.*" "C:\CCTK\X86_64\" /E /C /I /Q /H /R /Y /S

post-14550-0-74700400-1339002840_thumb.gif

Check the Package check box and browse the package we created in step 6.

Navigate to the Options tab click Add Condition > Operating System Version. And define the variable to only run on a x64 bit OS.

post-14550-0-24621400-1339002842_thumb.gif

Repeat steps 11 to 13 ensuring you are using the x86 bit version of CCTK (run command xcopy.exe "X86\*.*" "C:\CCTK\X86\" /E /C /I /Q /H /R /Y /S). And add a condition so it only runs on an x86 bit OS. Check the disable 64-bit file system redirection check box.

post-14550-0-83821500-1339002843_thumb.gif

Refer to Dell’s CCTK user manualfor a listing CCTK commands to change the systems BIOS settings. Create separate run commands for the desired changes ensure the proper x64 and x86 CCTK.exe is running on the respective clients (i.e. Step 13).

post-14550-0-50761500-1339002845_thumb.gif

Advertise the TS to the proper Collection.

post-14550-0-12836700-1339002838_thumb.gif

Came across this thread and I think I have a quick answer to the original question.

Run the exe that you dumped out of CCTK with the /nolog switch. I believe the exe is trying to create a log.txt file in a read only location. I was having the exact problem, and this worked for me.

• Like 2

I realize this may be an old post.

But I just signed up to this site.

package your cctk.msi file

wrap it in a batch file like this

example:

msiexec.exe /i cctk.msi /qb -l c:\cctklog2.txt

rmdir /s /q "%AllUsers%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Dell"

del "%PUBLIC%\Desktop\DELLCC~1.lnk"

end of example.

Deploy it to all machines.

Then create a second cctk.bat files to deploy your changes from here on out all changes are made via the batch file

example

c:\progra~1\dell\cctk\x86\cctk --wirelesslan=enable --valsetuppwd=your bios password here! -l=c:\cctklog.txt
c:\progra~1\dell\cctk\x86\cctk --bluetoothdevice=enable --valsetuppwd=your bios password here! -l=c:\cctklog.txt
c:\progra~1\dell\cctk\x86\cctk --wificatcherchanges=deny --valsetuppwd=your bios password here! -l=c:\cctklog.txt
c:\progra~1\dell\cctk\x86\cctk --wifilocator=enable --valsetuppwd=your bios password here! -l=c:\cctklog.txt
c:\progra~1\dell\cctk\x86\cctk --wirelesslan=enable --valsetuppwd=your bios password here! -l=c:\cctklog.txt

end of example

The string must look like the one above this is the important part.

How do I know this works and works well?

My company flew in a DELL cctk guru from Austin to basically break down the 160 page Dell CCTK reference into a 3 page document.

He advised me not to create the cctk pakage from the gui but do it the way I showed you above.

I have succesfully standardized all the bios passwords, enabled WOL and set any addtional settings I was tasked with in the BIOS.

I have an OSD with the self-contained EXE set to run in full OS. SCCM tells me that it worked, but it didn't. Once logged in, I can run the same program and it does indeed change bios settings.

I know this is old, but it still seems relevant. I would like to use the self-contained for a couple reasons, anyone doing this?  

Edit: Spoke to a SCCM guy from Dell, why they have this tool is beyond me, since they never want you to use it the way that makes sense. I ended up just doing the cctk command lines. You don't need the hapi stuff (maybe in winPE you do), you don't need to install it on the client computers either.