Hemi-Cuda

OSD Task Sequence progress bar disappears

this is a weird issue, and i'm baffled. i have two task sequences for OS deployment, one for Windows 7 x64 and another for Windows 7 x86. the x86 one works just fine, but for some reason the x64 task sequence will have the progress bar disappear halfway through. everything installs just fine, but after applying the OS image and drivers and rebooting, the progress bar is hidden for the rest of my tasks (mostly software installs). i just cannot understand why the x86 TS is fine but the x64 one is not, as they are identical in every way except for the image applied and the MDT packages used. both task sequences have the "Show Task Sequence Progress" option checked under User Experience in the deployment, and i've tried recreating the x64 deployment with no success. any suggestions would be appreciated

Did you solve it?

I got the exact same problem. x86-image working fine, but no progress bar in x64-image (used the same images in CM07 without problems).

SMSTS.log:

Executing command line "C:\Windows\System32\sysprep\sysprep.exe" /quiet /generalize /oobe /quit

Failed to show task sequence progress dialog. Error code 0x8001010e

unfortunately not. i thought it may be something relating to the boot image since that's one of the only differences between the two task sequences, but after creating a new x64 MDT boot image and applying it to my task sequence, i still encounter the same error

I finally solved it!

The problem: The local administrator password on the Image did not match the password specified in the task sequence under "Apply Windows Settings".

The solution: Since I had no clue what the local password was on the image. I deployed the image to a computer, changed the local admin password to match the TS and re-captured via a capture ISO.

• Like 1