tmiller_hockey

Change Task Sequence..Do I need to redeploy the TS or what?

no you don't, however if you want to be SURE That you are executing the latest changes when pxe booting for example, you can add a version number to the name of the task sequence, that way, if you made changes to Deploy Windows 7 X64 v1.0, increment the version number by one and you should see Deploy Windows 7 X64 v1.1 when you pxe boot. This ensures that your clients have the latests policies for this deployment (sometimes theres a delay depending on hierarchy..)

i use versioning a lot when i'm testing task sequences as i want to be sure i'm testing my changes and not the old task sequence

• Like 1

Great idea on versioning...I have a somewhat related question however....is it possible to delete an existing Task Sequence deployment in SCCM 2012? Let's say I just want to delete an old one instead of versioning another one. I can't find anyway to delete the old Deployment. What am I missing?

no you don't, however if you want to be SURE That you are executing the latest changes when pxe booting for example, you can add a version number to the name of the task sequence, that way, if you made changes to Deploy Windows 7 X64 v1.0, increment the version number by one and you should see Deploy Windows 7 X64 v1.1 when you pxe boot. This ensures that your clients have the latests policies for this deployment (sometimes theres a delay depending on hierarchy..)

i use versioning a lot when i'm testing task sequences as i want to be sure i'm testing my changes and not the old task sequence

How long does the task sequence take to update? I have made some changes and added a version, I waited about 20 minutes and it doesn't update? In 2007 the change is immediate, I have to reboot my system using Boot media or PXE and its changed. For expediency I have been deploying the TS every time I make a change.

it should be more or less immediate in a standalone site, what site hierarchy do you have and how are you testing the changes exactly ?