SysAdam

UDA Set from computer variable?

Hi All,

I have had success using the SMSTSUDAUsers variable in my task sequence to set the primary user however does anyone know if it is possible to use a computer variable here?

for example

DOMAIN\%Username%

We have a fleet of over 1000 laptops all assigned to specific users. We use a variable to setup a users folder on a data drive and other things so i would like to hook into that rather than use the UDA timer or relying on the user to set the UDA flag themselves. So far my testing has been unsuccessful.

Any ideas would be a big help.

Thank you in advance.

SysAdam.

EDIT: It appears i was incorrect when i said i had success using the SMSTSUDAUsers variable to set the primary user. So i need to go back to testing but my question still stands.

Hi anyweb, Thanks for the reply! and thanks for the tutorials! They have been a very big help.

I have the SMSTSUDAUsers variable in my TS below the SMSTSAssignUsersMode variable, it is not set on the collection or using a script. Does this variable need to be set on the collection even if its in the TS?

Here is my source for the use of TS variables http://scug.be/blogs/nico/archive/2011/05/11/sccm-2012-osd-amp-uda.aspx

Thanks again!

SysAdam.

you can set the variables in many ways such as via

• collection variables
  • computer variables
  • HTA sets the variables
  • steps in the task sequence
  • a script

glad to hear you got it working :)