Tuomas järvinen

SCCM 2012 client ExecMgr.log: "A duplicate execution request is found for program Configuration manager client upgrade program"

Hello,

I have set up a new lab enviroment for SCCM 2012 RTM/Eval. Initial set up process went fine, set up boundaries and basic roles such as Management point, reporting services point, distribution point and so on. No errors nor warnings on console site status so far.

While deploying (using group policy, ccmsetup.msi) clients for few (Windows XPsp3 and 7 Sp1) virtual workstations, Client seems to be installed ( I can see Software Center and Configuration Management applet at the control panel). Also I have set up a new application "Firefox 12" and deployed it using "required"/"as soon as possible" for a new collection where both workstations are set with static rule.

However Firefox 12 Won't install.

While reading logs I found some entries stating "duplicate execution request for Client upgrade program".

How to resolve this one?

With thanks,

Tuomas.

That message just means that there are at least two deployments to that machine (or the combination of the machine and user) of the application.

not sure, since there is no such Client upgrade program to deploy, only Client package, set up by CM2012 installation process.

However after I triple checked configuration and found a glue to set up the required boundary group. After this Firefox deployment worked as expected.

~Tuomas.