waingro

FEP 2010 Software Update Automation Stopped Working

About a month ago or so our automation tools for FEP definition updates stopped processing those updates. It had been working fine for almost a year. When I run the FEPUpdates.cmd (contains this command):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminUI\bin\SoftwareUpdateAutomation.exe" /AssignmentName "FEP Updates" /PackageName "FEP Updates" /UpdateFilter "articleid=2461484 AND IsSuperseded=0 AND IsEnabled=1 AND IsExpired=0"

I get this error in the %Programdata%\SoftwareUpdateAutomation.log file:

SoftwareUpdateAutomation execution starting.

============================================

Version: 2.1.1116.101

Command line: SiteServerName: SCCM; SoftwareUpdateFilter: articleid=2461484 AND IsSuperseded=0 AND IsEnabled=1 AND IsExpired=0; PackageName: FEP Updates; UpdateLanguages: 0; SoftwareUpdateFolder: ; DisableRefreshDP: False; LogFile: C:\ProgramData\SoftwareUpdateAutomation.log. UpdateAssignmentName: FEP Updates

Attempting to connect to site server 'SCCM'...

Connected to site server 'SCCM', searching for matching software updates...

Executing select query: 'SELECT * FROM SMS_SoftwareUpdate WHERE articleid=2461484 AND IsSuperseded=0 AND IsEnabled=1 AND IsExpired=0'...

Error: Unexpected exception: The ConfigMgr Provider reported an error.

SoftwareUpdateAutomation execution completed unsuccessfully, errors occurred.

=========================================================

I am using the Update Rollup 1 version of softwareupdateautomation.exe which is why there is no /refreshdp switch.

I tried following this site: http://blogs.technet.com/b/clientsecurity/archive/2011/07/18/errors-when-using-the-fep-2010-definition-update-automation-tool.aspx with no luck. I cannot figure out how to actually run the WMI query to see the listing. I tried wmic and I get an error stating "SELECT - Alias not found." and wbemtest is confusing, to say the least.

Any tips on how to do this or where else to look are greatly appreciated. Thanks!