parko89

USMT Side-by-Side loadstate failing

I'm trying to capture data from one PC and run a new TS to build Win7 with SOE and then restore the USMT.mig from the SMP to the new PC.

I have successfully completed USMT by hardlinks and that works great, but I just can't seem to get USMT via SMP to work. I am using the MigDocs.xml, MigApp.xml, and MigUser.xml files to specify the capture data and it captures successfully on the SMP. I then have a separate TS to build a new OS, install apps, and then the last step to Request State Store, Restore User State, then Release User State. The TS completed but the User Sate hasn't been restored.

It's not a permissions issue as I have created a test custom.xml capture file to only capture a single directory and it restores fine (Capture C:\Test\*.* and that directory restores fine). But when trying to restore a full user state capture (~30Gb) it won't restore.

I don't want local profiles to restore so I haven't specified this in my TS.

I have attached the loadstate.log for more information.

loadstate.log